Recorded: October 15, 2008
Your Host: Keith Albright and Rich Niemeier
Show Length: 1:03:32

This show is sponsored by Idera; Download free tools to help manage your Windows world at Idera.com.

Links mentioned in this show:

Read the full show notes here.

Website Picks

Rich – Halloween Fun

Listen Now:

Download Here

Comments

1. 1
    shirwa
    October 16th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

Hi guys

I enjoy listening your podcasts. i learn alot from it. keep up the good work

2. 2
    Billy Pumphrey
    October 17th, 2008 at 9:15 am

I was wanting to send my resume as you mentioned in the podcast and was looking for the email address on here somewhere and could not find it.

Thank you for the podcast, I just started listening. I am a fellow IT administrator, sole provider for 65 people and 12 servers.

Will you help me get the email address to send my resume to?

3. 3
    Keith
    October 17th, 2008 at 10:44 am

Billy,

Apologies for not mentioning the email address; I’m horrible with the detail stuff. Send your resume to resume [at] MindOfRoot.com and we will share with another listener to provide feedback. In return, we’ll ask you to provide feedback on another listeners resume.

Thanks for participating.

4. 4
    Brian
    October 17th, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Keith,

Where are you from in Greensburg?

Also I agree 100% about Symantec V.11. I first had to do this as an upgrade for a customer. The upgrade went flawless. However, the management UI was soooooooooo slow. Especially switching between pages. The deployment was OK but not their best work. Also I have now had to reset the password twice due to their ridiculous password policies…I just kept forgetting it.

5. 5
    Keith
    October 17th, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Brian,

I live up in Quakertown; which is between Allentown and Philadelphia. I saw you worked in North Wales, PA a couple years ago and I currently work in the North Wales/Montgomeryville, PA area. I just thought it was interesting that we probably passed each other on the road at some point.

Keith

6. 6
    terri
    October 20th, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Hi Guys,

Wanted to say that your show(s) are a real asset to any IT professional. Nice that you take the time to do this and wanted to give you a big thank you. Also while listening to episode 25 (yeah i know old) there is nothing wrong with a closed system (dictatorship) to keep your kids safe from social engineering. Nice to hear common sense on the net.