Sorry folks. Due to a household emergency, we’ve had to postpone the recording of the next Book Club segment scheduled for tonight. We are hoping to re-schedule for some time over the weekend and will post/Tweet the info as soon as it’s available for anyone to participate.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and we look forward to getting back into the show.
Recorded: December 9, 2010
Your Hosts: Keith Albright and Steve Murawski
Show Length: 1:10:20
- MoR Book Club - Grab the book here: The Practice of System and Network Administration (2nd Ed.)
- We discuss Chapter 3 - Workstations
- Understanding and knowing the ’state’ of your workstations
- Automation, automation, automation
- Maintaining your workstations - patching, application updates, diagnosing, repairing, state changes, etc.
- Standardizing workstation builds and network configurations
- OpenFileViewer from Nirsoft
- 90% answers and when they’re wrong
Read the full show notes here.