Finally…an answer

Podcast August 9th, 2011

Hopefully there are a few of you that still check the site or feed and will see this.

If you are reading this, then you have been wondering where the show has gone and if it will return.  Our hiatus was fueled by many distractions, but it has led me to the point I had hoped to avoid; the show is done.  I finally had the chance to speak with Steve and let him know that I am bowing out of the show altogether.  Steve is battling his own constraints, but may decide to do something with the show.  Keep an eye out for a post from him letting you know if there are any plans.

We truly apologize for disappearing (again) without an explanation.  Between our jobs and families, we can’t seem to find a way to schedule a regular recording time.  I couldn’t find the time to put together content for the show; which led to aggravation for me as I wanted to bring something of substance to the show. The reason I/we didn’t post anything was that we kept hoping to delay the inevitable and find a way to get past this.  We’ve delayed long enough and it’s time to call it done.

I am hoping to schedule a “Final Episode” with Steve and Rich and will post a recording time should anyone want to join us.

Lastly, I want to thank all of the listeners we’ve had over the years.  You have all been very supportive and encouraging.  Knowing that someone was listening and enjoyed the show makes it all worth the effort.  I will truly miss the interaction and fun we’ve had along the way together.

Thank you again.

Keith

Comments

1. 1
    Wim Wauters
    August 9th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

No worries Keith, job well done, and do feel free to make a come back in the future 🙂

2. 2
    Mike B
    August 9th, 2011 at 5:44 pm

🙁 Thanks for all the effort you put in. Your show helped me enjoy my job.

3. 3
    Heath
    August 9th, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Loved the show wish you all the best in the future. Hate to see it go.

4. 4
    Jim Beason
    August 9th, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I understand not having the time to do a show regularly. I once did a guest appearance on Podnutz Daily and found it incredibly difficult just to find the time to do that. Best of luck to all of you and thanks for all that you have done.

5. 5
    Paul Smith
    August 10th, 2011 at 10:52 am

Guys – ‘great run. I have followed from the beginning – and you will be sorely missed. In speaking for all followers, we appreciate the investment and sacrifice that you have made for us over the years.

Our Sincere Thanks

6. 6
    Jared
    August 10th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I really enjoyed your show and hate to see you go, but understand the reasons why. Thank you for all of the entertainment, information and discussions over the years. I have learned a lot from listening to the show. Best of luck to you.

7. 7
    Muss
    August 23rd, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Thanks for all your hard work over the years. Your podcasts have guided me to become more objective and successful.

Godspeed.

8. 8
    Marc Taylor
    September 1st, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Enjoyed your show. Sorry to see you guys go. Much success to you all and as you all say, “Cheers to the Geek in all of us”.

9. 9
    Andy Helsby
    September 2nd, 2011 at 6:45 am

Sorry to see you guys go, but I totally understand other commitments getting in the way. Thanks for the hard work you put in over the past few years – I’ve appreciated it.

10. 10
    evooo
    September 8th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Care to offer any good substitute for your show? trying to find a good sysadmin podcast to listen to…

11. 11
    Kevin Kelleher
    September 21st, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Learned a lot from you guys, appreciate the work you put into the show. Am still enjoying the “back issues.” Best wishes to you all.

12. 12
    mike.e
    September 29th, 2011 at 12:14 am

Thats sad. All good things…
    Its better to announce an end than to drift away leaving people wondering.
    Dont rule out appearing on other podcasts as guests.

13. 13
    Harold Gale
    September 30th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

If you ever decide to ramp up again remember I am literaly down the road from you.I could always guest host if you needed.

14. 14
    Dan McCoy
    November 7th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Sad to hear the podcast is gone but busy is good and hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the many great podcasts. I may not be doing IT for a living but have been around the field for a good number of years. I always enjoyed Mind of Root and hearing stories from the trenches.

Thanks and best wishes!